Your Guide to Choosing the Best Way to Consume CBD
Are you interested in improving your health and wellness, having more energy, feeling better, or perhaps addressing the symptoms of some of the health and wellness conditions you have struggled with for too long? Maybe you’ve heard people talk about CBD supplements but you are still confused about what CBD is, or how to take CBD.
Don’t worry! We have included everything you need to know about CBD and how best to take it. Let’s also discuss how CBD can be incorporated into your daily health and wellness regime.
CBD—What is it?
CBD is short for Cannabidiol which is a compound derived from the Cannabis plant.
THC, which stands for Tetrahydrocannabinol, is also derived from the cannabis plant and is most commonly found in the marijuana plant in high levels. THC is the compound that is responsible for making someone “high” due to its psychoactive properties.
Let’s be clear though—CBD is NOT the same thing as THC. These are two separate compounds that come from the same cannabis plant. Although Hemp and Marijuana both come from the cannabis plant, the THC levels found in each plant are the biggest difference. CBD generally comes from the Hemp variety of the Cannabis plant which has low levels of THC, while THC is found in high levels in the marijuana plant.
CBD will not make you high because of the low levels of THC. In fact, In order for CBD to be legally sold in the United States per the 2018 Farm Bill Act, it must contain less than .3% THC. The good news is that CBD made from Hemp contains many of the same therapeutic benefits of marijuana except for CBD has significantly lower levels of THC and therefore no negative psychoactive side effects. In some cases, if you purchase a “Broad Spectrum CBD,” like the the premium CBD from Palm Organix™ it will contain ZERO THC.
Why Take CBD and What Issues Does it Help?
CBD may be helpful in providing much-needed relief from any number of ailments that can keep us from functioning, and quite frankly, feeling our best.
The seven most common reasons people take CBD include the following:
- Promote Tranquility
- Support a good night’s sleep
- Support muscle and joint function
- Promote healthy skin
- Support a relaxed mood
- Promote mobility
- Support Focus
Now that we have looked at a few CBD benefits, let’s look at how to consume CBD.
Applications—The Best Way to Consume CBD
There are many ways to consume CBD, and it’s best to look at all your options to determine what may work best for you. When looking for CBD oil, you want to make sure you purchase pure hemp CBD oil from a reputable supplier who lab tests their CBD product for quality and efficacy.
- Tinctures: CBD Tinctures are an effective way to orally consume CBD oil. You simply take a dropper of CBD oil and release the drops directly into your mouth by placing them under your tongue and holding it there for 1-2 minutes before swallowing.
- Topicals: This CBD application is applied directly to the skin through the use of creams, salves, lotions or gels. This is typically the application you want to choose for targeted relief for specific body parts.
- Gummies: These delectables CBD treats target the body as a whole. CBD Gummies are great because they come in different flavors and sizes but work the same as other CBD edibles. They are also a very easy way to dose CBD as CBD gummies generally come in 10mg individual gummies.
- Vaping: Some people choose to vape CBD because it is the fastest way to consume CBD and experience the effects. Since it is directly inhaled into the lungs (like using an e-cig), it directly enters the bloodstream (which circulates throughout the entire body). Although Vaping is considered one of the fastest CBD delivery methods, we do not recommend vaping in any capacity as vaping has other negative side effects.
- Softgels: CBD Softgels are taken orally and swallowed whole with a glass of water. Since they are swallowed whole, it takes longer to feel the CBD effects when consuming a CBD softgel, it is also very important to find a CBD softgel with a high absorption rate. Palm Organix™ CBD softgels have nano emulsion technology and are 100% absorbable.
- Transdermal CBD Patches: These CBD patches are best for localized discomfort. You take these CBD band-aid-like patches and apply them directly to the skin area that you would like to soothe. The effects of patches can be felt for a longer period of time as they are designed with time release technology.
- CBD Edibles: These edibles, just like CBD gummies, are infused with CBD and are used to snack on. Examples of CBD edibles include CBD chocolate, CBD nuts, CBD snack bars, and CBD protein bars.
How to Determine a High Quality CBD Product
There are many different options for taking CBD out there, and, so many companies or places offering all different CBD products and options. When you look to purchase CBD, you want to make sure you are looking for the key qualities that make for a high quality CBD product.
- Taste: Since CBD comes from the Cannabis plant, CBD has an earthy taste. If you struggle with consuming this particular taste, you will want to look for something with added flavors like gummies, or a flavored tincture oil.
- Pricing: You get what you pay for. While you don’t want to be scraping the bottom of your cash barrel to afford a particular brand of CBD, you need to keep in mind that in most cases the higher the price, the higher the quality is of the oil.
- Efficiency: You need to bear in mind which CBD delivery methods work the fastest. For example, vaping is faster than taking a pill. If you want faster effects, vaping or tinctures would be your best choice.
- Usability: As far as usability goes, you want to look at the easiest options. While vaping takes more time out of your day, a capsule, gummy, or transdermal patch is a much easier option than vaping.
- Lab Testing: All quality CBD products should come with certificates of Quality Assurance as well as third party lab testing reports. These lab reports should be easily accessible either on a website or through a QR code.
Dosage and Risks
While everyone reacts differently to varying amounts of CBD consumed, it’s always best, as a general rule, to start out with a low dosage and slowly increase the CBD intake to the point where you feel the beneficial effects.
Nonetheless, it is still recommended to consult with your physician before starting a CBD regimen and determining which dosage is right for you.
What Form Will You Choose?
If you are still unsure of the best way to consume CBD, you should speak with your doctor, and also consult a reputable CBD company, such as Palm Organix™ for additional recommendations. For premium CBD products check out our store to find the right option best suited for your health and wellness needs.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners.