How Can CBD Help with Lyme Disease?
Those who follow recent health and wellness trends may have heard a great deal about CBD products recently. After the passage of the Farm Bill of 2018, CBD products are becoming increasingly used throughout the United States to provide any number of health and wellness benefits. New benefits are continually being discovered, and these discoveries are giving hope to many who have suffered from long-term conditions for which helpful treatment options are surprisingly few.
Despite the recent surging popularity of CBD, many are still unsure as to exactly what it is, what benefits it offers, and how exactly it may be able to help with health and wellness.
What You Need to Know About CBD
Much could be written about CBD, and increasingly, information is being gathered and published about its wide-ranging benefits. In a nutshell, however, here’s what’s most helpful to know:
- CBD is an all-natural supplement: CBD is sourced directly from the hemp plant – which many may recognize as a plant that has been used beneficially by humans for any number of purposes over thousands of years. Unfortunately, not all hemp plants are grown organically. But when sourced from plants grown naturally and using organic methods, CBD is an entirely natural and beneficial supplement.
- CBD works with existing systems in the body: CBD achieves its beneficial effects in the body by working directly with the endocannabinoid system (ECS) already present in the body. This system is responsible for maintaining the balance, or homeostasis, of our bodies and it does so by regulating any number of important functions like metabolism, inflammation, secretion of neurotransmitters and hormones, regulation of temperature, and other key functions. The ECS has a number of receptors that interact with cannabinoids – both those naturally produced by the body and those, like CBD, that are ingested. Cannabinoids like CBD send signals to the receptors they interact with to encourage them to react in a certain way, thereby achieving beneficial effects on the body.
- CBD has very few side effects: Many who have experienced or struggled with health conditions like Lyme Disease have likely tried numerous forms of treatment, including prescription medications. While prescription medications can often be effective and in some cases are certainly necessary, it’s no secret that they can also carry a number of psychoactive side effects. CBD, by contrast, has very few mild side effects which generally can be remedied simply by adjusting the serving being taken.
- CBD is different than marijuana: One of the most common assumptions about CBD is that it is essentially the same thing as marijuana. This is understandable as both are sourced from the cannabis plant. But in truth, CBD and marijuana are actually quite different and function very differently within the body. While both marijuana and CBD may provide medicinal benefits, CBD, when sourced from the hemp varietal of the cannabis plant, contains only trace (or in the case of Palm Organix™ products, zero) amounts of THC, which is the primary psychoactive ingredient found in marijuana. As a result, those who use CBD from Palm Organix™ can rest assured knowing they are getting benefits they want without any psychoactive side effects that they would rather not have.
What are the Symptoms of Lyme Disease?
After understanding a bit more about what CBD is and how it works in the body, let’s look at some of the more common symptoms of Lyme disease, as those who struggle with it know, include the following:
- Anxiety: Understandably, Lyme disease can produce feelings of anxiety. In light of the worry about ongoing symptoms and day-to-day struggles associated with this disease, anxiety is a normal side effect.
- Cell Damage: Patients struggling with Lyme Disease often experience an increased build-up of neurotoxins in the body as a result of treatments used to kill infections.
- Insomnia: Those who struggle with Lyme Disease understandably also often have difficulty sleeping.
If you struggle with Lyme Disease, don’t hesitate to contact us at Palm Organix™ today. You’re welcome to visit us at our brick-and-mortar location in West Nyack or anytime online. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your individual health and wellness journey and your health goals. We believe that every customer can find a CBD product that is a good fit to help them move toward greater health and wellness, and it is our passion to help our customers reach their health goals. We look forward to speaking with you soon.