Table of Contents
You have probably heard about CBD, aka known as CBD Oil or Cannabidiol. CBD is a Cannabinoid, and cannabinoids are becoming very popular as a natural way to promote well being. CBD products are being used by humans, and also with dogs, but as pet owners, did you know that cats can also benefit their health with CBD? This is because all mammals, including cats, have an endocannabinoid system (ECS), and CBD oil products work directly with the endocannabinoid system to promote and support overall wellness. So yes, you can definitely use cbd oil for cats to help improve their quality of life. So let’s discuss cat cbd oil and how it works.
So how does CBD oil work within your cats Endocannabinoid system?
CBD, which stands for cannabidiol, is a plant based cannabinoid. All mammals, including cats produce endocannabinoids, which help promote homeostasis with the body. The cannabinoid CBD will work within the cats body just like endocannabinoids, and can help fill the void if the body is not producing enough endocannabinoids. CBD directly interacts with cannabinoid receptors found the ECS system.
Where does CBD oil come from?
CBD, and the hemp CBD products Palm Organix sells, are derived from the hemp plant. Hemp farmers have been growing hemp for years. There are also cannabis plants, and CBD from a cannabis plant will have a greater content of cannabis oil containing THC, which is used in marijuana products. Cannabis oil products are definitely not recommended for your pet, no one wants their cat high.
What do we mean by homeostasis?
Homeostasis is a term that refers to having everything in balance. If your feline friend’s ECS is out of balance you may notice certain things such as anxiety, lethargy, or inflammation to name a few taking place with your cat.
There are numerous benefits of CBD for cats, health benefits of CBD for your cat include:
CBD support muscle and joint function
CBD can help promote a tranquil relaxed mood
CBD may help support irritated or uncomfortable skin conditions
CBD works to help improve overall health and wellness for your beloved
Why CBD oil for cats?
There are times when your pets are not feeling their best, or maybe they are getting older, and you would like to start with homeopathic treatments instead of medications. Conditions like anxiety or lethargy are hard to treat in pets. (as they are with people) Certain prescriptions may cause an unwanted side effect.
CBD oil for cats: Is CBD generally safe?
Cat owners want to know if CBD Oil safe for cats? Although there very few studies at this time, there are a few thing you should make sure do first. It is very important when considering starting a CBD oils regime that you consult with your veterinarian to ensure there are no underlying health issues which may effect taking cannabidiol.
Full Spectrum CBD and THC
It is also highly recommended that you use a CBD brand for your pet that is broad spectrum, meaning it has other cannabinoids, and produces an entourage effect and it contains 0.0% THC. Be careful because many popular brands are full spectrum CBD, and full spectrum products can contain levels of THC up to or less than 0.3 %. THC is the cannabinoid found in marijuana that causes a high or stoned feeling. Research has shown that some people and animals, including cats, can have very harmful reactions to THC, and it is not advisable that cats ingest any THC when taking CBD. THC amounts should be listed on the label and also in the lab menu.
How to give your cat CBD?
The preferred way to give your cat CBD is to use a tincture formulated for pets. Some cats will allow you to put the CBD oil directly into their mouth. For other cats, you may need to mix the CBD in with their food. Since cats can be finicky, we suggest a flavorless CBD tincture oil, such as the Palm Organix™ CBD Oil for Pets. Our cbd oil formula contains only MCT oil, or coconut oil, and broad spectrum CBD. Giving your cat CBD hemp oil should be an easy and effortless process.
How much CBD should you give your cat?
The recommended CBD oil dosage for all cats is 2 to 4 milligrams of CBD per 25 pound of animal. It is advisable to start with the lowest recommended CBD dosage, and add more CBD if you are not seeing the desired results. It is also very possible that your cat may need 6 or 8 milligrams of the CBD tincture, depending on the severity of the condition you are seeking relief from. Make sure to monitor the your pets daily dose.
How to measure proper dosage?
As a pet owner to start, you will need to know the total amount of CBD oil in the bottle. Most CBD oil tincture bottles contain 30 servings, with each full dropper being one serving. The Palm Organix Pet Tincture contains 250 milligrams of CBD in the bottle, so there are 8 milligrams of CBD in each serving. If your feline friend is trying CBD for the first time, or is very small, you will want to start off with a quarter of the CBD dropper filled, which will equal 2 milligrams of CBD. Each dropper has a measuring mark for quarter, half, three quarters, and a full serving.
How often should you give your cat CBD?
For maximum results it is recommended to administer pet CBD oil to your cat daily. You can break up the CBD dose, and give half the dose in the morning and the other half at night to the cat. There may also be a time that your cat may need an additional CBD dose, for example, if the cat is experiencing separation anxiety, and or if you will be away from the cat for an unusually long period of time.
Can CBD cause side effects in your cat?
Typically CBD does not have any harmful side effects, however, it is good practice to monitor your cat when they first start their daily regime. As we listed above, it is recommended to start slow and gradually increase the CBD dose to the cat until you receive the desired result. In some instances, if you are giving your cat a lot of CBD, you may find the cat to become more calm and be in a relaxed mood.
What else to look for when buying CBD oil for your cat?
- There are many factors you should review before purchasing the best CBD oil for cats. One of the most important areas to investigate is quality control and lab test results. A quality CBD company will have all of their CBD hemp oil products tested by a third party lab to ensure high quality and efficacy of their CBD products. These lab test results should also be posted on the website. This includes the CBD oil used for pets including cats. You should look to make sure the CBD brand is screening for pesticides, molds, and harsh chemicals. Additionally, the CBD content should be listed on the lab report. If you are purchasing a 250 milligram CBD bottle, the test should indicate that there is 250 milligrams of CBD in that batch of oil.
- Make sure to search for CBD that is produced from USA organically grown hemp. CBD that is formulated from overseas may not be up to the same standards as high quality USA grown hemp. USA grown hemp is considered to be the finest available especially when sourced from States like Colorado.
- Look at affordability very carefully. There are many products on that market that contain hemp seed oil but no CBD. These products are marketed to trick a consumer to believe that their product is the same thing, but in reality they are nothing but oil. These hemp seed oil products are usually priced very low. Additionally, some CBD companies sell overpriced products because they have some name recognition. You can think of it as paying for the name brand instead of the generic, but they both have the same ingredients.
- Check out their CBD reviews. It is important that a product has good customer reviews, however, sometimes you will see an excessive amount of reviews, which probably means they were manufactured and are not real reviews. On the other hand if the brand has no reviews, that is not a good sign either. Trust your judgement when looking at reviews, and you will be able to tell real reviews from fake and or paid reviews.
- Choose an oil cbd that is veterinarian formulated, such as the Palm Organix pet tincture which is considered generally safe for animals.
Where can I get quality CBD oil for my cat?
Your search is easy, you can order the Palm Organix™ CBD Pet Tincture online right HERE. on our pet tincture page. Palm Organix™ ships all CBD oil orders placed Monday through Friday before 12:00pm EST the same day. Additionally, Palm Organix offers free shipping on all CBD orders, and there is no minimum purchase required to receive free shipping. We also offer many categories of CBD products, human hemp option available as well.
We suggest that you sign up for the Palm Organix™ newsletter so you will receive 15% off your first CBD purchase. You will also be notified of future sales events, as well as new products, and the latest CBD information. Best of all, Palm Organix™ has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. In the unlikely event you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days and receive a full refund. As pet owners we believe you, and your cats, will love what we believe is the best cbd for for cats.
We hope you enjoyed our article on CBD Oil for cats, to read more about Palm Organix products check out our additional blog posts here.
The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.