Can CBD Help with Autism
Knowing How Can CBD Help with Autism
Considering all of the recent buzz about CBD in the health and wellness world lately, chances are high that you may have heard a great deal about it and even that you’ve seen some CBD stores pop up in your community. CBD, which is short for cannabidiol, is an all-natural, beneficial health supplement extracted directly from the hemp variety of the cannabis plant.
Because it interacts directly with the endocannabinoid system in our bodies (which is responsible for maintaining our internal balance), CBD naturally delivers many health benefits. These benefits include enhancing overall feelings of health and wellness, and helping with common conditions that many of us struggle with. Truly, the benefits of CBD, at times, seem endless, and new benefits are being discovered continually.
CBD and Autism
One condition that is becoming increasingly common is autism. Many of us either have it or know and love someone who has autism. Many also know that some of the characteristics of autism include things like impulsive behavior, short attention span, hyperactivity, and difficulty sleeping – to name a few. While these are symptoms that are characteristic of autism, they are certainly not symptoms that are unique to autism. In fact, there are many without autism who struggle with the same symptoms as well. As a result, those who do have autism are wondering: Can CBD help with autism?
- Sleeplessness: CBD has repeatedly been shown to be beneficial in helping with difficulty sleeping – conditions that many of us struggle with daily. CBD helps to regulate our production of melatonin, which is a hormone primarily responsible for our sleep-wake cycles. In addition, CBD has been shown to have a calming effect and to reduce anxious feelings, which also may encourage a good night’s sleep.
- Impulsive Behavior and Short Attention Span: CBD often has a calming effect on those who use it. When ingested, it interacts with the endocannabinoid system and may encourage regulation and production of neurotransmitters that enhance our overall feelings of well-being and decrease our feelings of stress. When these levels are in balance, we feel better and tend to act less impulsively. This is promising news!
- Hyperactivity: As is the case with impulsive behavior, because CBD may have a calming effect and may enhance feelings of well-being and reduced stress, signs are promising that it may reduce the symptoms of hyperactivity.
Certainly, CBD should not be a substitute for any prescription medication or doctor recommended treatments that those with autism use as part of their daily health and wellness routine. However, signs are promising that, when used in conjunction with physician-recommended treatments, CBD may be quite helpful.
Why Palm Organix™?
At Palm Organix™, we are proud to serve customers all across the country seeking greater overall health and wellness. We consider it an honor to have the opportunity to provide products that might offer benefits to our customers. Certainly everyone’s personal health journey is unique, and as a result, a product that might work particularly well for one customer may not be a good fit for another. Likewise finding the serving that is the right fit for your needs may require some trial and error. However, it has been our experience that, typically, our customers are quickly able to find a product and serving that is a good fit for their health and wellness needs.
For our customers and their families, two products that we believe are worth strong consideration include:
- CBD Softgels: At Palm Organix™, we are very proud of our softgels and the beneficial effects they are able to deliver quickly. This is because each and every softgel we produce is created with our patent-pending, water-soluble, phytocannabinoid-rich hemp oil. This broad-spectrum hemp oil blend is highly effective in promoting general feelings of well-being and overall good health. Like every product we produce, our softgels are entirely natural, lab tested, and 100% THC free. Moreover, because our formula is water-soluble, this means that the benefits are delivered quickly so that you can begin feeling better and achieving the health effects you desire in a very short amount of time.
- CBD Tinctures: Many have heard the word tincture associated with CBD but are still a bit unsure of exactly what it is and what health benefits it offers. In short, a tincture is an emulsion that is produced by extracting CBD from the Hemp Flowers. After the CBD has been extracted, it is commonly mixed with a sweet-tasting carrier oil like orange, mint, or lemon. Tinctures are most often taken orally, under the tongue, for maximum delivery of nutrients and for fast absorption. At Palm Organix™, we are proud to provide tinctures that, like all of our products, contain only all-natural and premium ingredients. Made with broad-spectrum hemp oil, our tinctures contain beneficial terpenes, flavonoids, and CBD, as well as other nutritional compounds, for a significant overall boost to health and wellness. And as with all of our products, we guarantee that our tinctures are 100% THC free.
If you are ready to begin a journey of greater overall health. And if you believe that CBD could be a helpful addition to your health regimen or to that of someone you know, we would be glad to answer any additional questions you may have or to point you in the direction of products that might be a wonderful fit for you. Please feel free to visit us anytime online or in our brick and mortar store if you are in the area. We look forward to helping you soon.